Ginger and mirin glazed salmon with Asian slaw
six 6 oz. salmon fillet
4 oz. ginger-mirin marinade
Ginger-Mirin Glaze Ingredients
2 c. mirin
2 Tbs. soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp. ginger, minced
1 1/2 Tbs. green onion, minced
1 Tbs. garlic, minced
1 Tbs. sesame oil
- Combine all ingredients and marinate salmon fillets for 20 – 30 minutes in some of the glaze. Reserve excess marinade for basting while cooking.
Asian Slaw Ingredients
2 c. Napa cabbage, cross sliced 1/8″
1/4 c. carrot, julienne1/8″
1/4 c. red onion, julienne 1/8″
1/4 c. cucumber, seeded and cross sliced 1/8″
2 Tbs. cilantro, coarse chopped
1/2 tsp. black sesame seeds
1 1/2 oz. sesame vinaigrette
- Combine all ingredients and hold refrigerated until needed.
1. Place salmon filet into a heavy gauged sauté pan and pour mirin-ginger marinade over fish, approximately 2 fl oz. per fillet.
2. Place into a 400 degree oven and cook until cause caramelized and is bubbling. Alternatively cook on stove top over medium heat.
3. Meanwhile, drain excess dressing off of the Asian slaw and place onto serving plate. Mound slaw as high as possible.
4. Gently remove fish from pan and lay upright against slaw. Pour remaining glaze from the hot pan over the fish, allowing sauce to pool onto the plate.