Bacon making work shop at Central Park Farms
Friday July 6th 2018
It’s all about bacon in this work shop! We’ll walk you through the process of curing and smoking Central Park Farms pork. We’ll be preparing 2 varieties of smoked bacon- a honey cured and a beer brined bacon! Then we’ll move on to pancetta, the Italian style bacon were the belly is cured, rolled and hung. Keeping with the Italian theme, we’ll go through the process of making guanciale( cured jowl bacon). Finally Canadian bacon- the maple cured loin! We’ll discuss safety procedures, different curing and smoking techniques, and of course a sample of everything that is made! Everyone will also get a package of what was made to take home!
This class we’ll be making:
Honey cured bacon / beer cured bacon / pancetta / Canadian bacon / Guanciale
“The Small Print”
- Maximum class size is 10 people, allowing everyone to fully participate
- Class begins at 6:30 p.m. and runs 2-3 hours
- Class location: Central Park Farms 527 – 224th street, Langley
- Cancellation: refunds given up to 14 days prior to class. After that refunds will only be given if we can fill your spot.
- Price includes a package of each product to take home, full meal, all recipes, and 5% GST
Book your spot now: